Diagnostic Heart Care
Patients come to us for answers, and in order to give you those answers, we need to gather as much information as we can about your condition. At Watertown Regional Medical Center Heart & Vascular Center, you have access to a full scope of advanced diagnostic procedures all under one roof, in a comfortable, pleasant environment.
Our facility is known for its state-of-the-art catheterization lab – one of the most advanced in the area. With tools such as this, our heart specialists can obtain the information they need to make a diagnosis, determine the severity of your condition and develop the best treatment plan.
Non-invasive and invasive diagnostic tests we provide include:
- Heart ultrasound - Also called an echocardiogram, this test uses ultrasound waves to produce images of your heart.
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) testing - Tests are available to look for PVD, which is most commonly caused by hardening of the arteries.
- Cardiac stress testing - This test, which is performed on a treadmill, shows how blood flows to your heart during physical activity.
- Holter monitoring/cardiac event recording - By attaching patches to your skin, our specialists can monitor the electrical activity of your heart over a period of time.
- Tilt-table testing - This simple procedure studies how changes in body position impact your heart rate and blood pressure.
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization - This procedure helps locate narrowed coronary arteries and determines how well your heart is functioning. A cardiologist threads a catheter through your artery to your heart. X-ray images reveal how injected dye moves through your blood vessels and heart.
- Electrophysiology services - Patients diagnosed with abnormal heart rhythms have access to a variety of diagnostic tests and treatment procedures to correct these conditions.