Newsweek 'Top Maternity Hospital'
Watertown Regional Medical Center was named to Newsweek’s list of Best Maternity Hospitals 2022. This distinction recognizes facilities that have excelled in providing quality care to mothers, newborns, and their families. Based on information from the data firm Statista, the goal of this list is to help people pick the best place to achieve the happy outcome of a healthy child and a healthy mother.
The evaluation for the Best Maternity Hospital list is based on three data sources:
- Recommendations by hospital managers and maternity healthcare professionals
- Medical key performance indicators (including a hospital's rate of C-section births and availability of breastfeeding resources)
- Patient satisfaction data
Chest Pain Accredited
Watertown Regional Medical Center received Chest Pain Center accreditation from the American College of Cardiology. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the best heart care treatment available. As an accredited facility, we use the newest methods and best practices in heart care to ensure that our patients receive:
- Right care at the right time to minimize or eliminate heart damage due to heart attack
- Timely and accurate diagnoses to reduce the disruption to your life and get you back home as soon as possible
- Help and communication to better understand how to respond to your heart emergencies
- Improved quality of life after a heart episode
Watertown Regional Medical Center has been designated as a 'Baby-Friendly' hospital after a rigorous review process conducted by Baby-Friendly USA. This distinguished honor demonstrates that WRMC is adhering to the highest standards of care for breastfeeding mothers and their babies. These standards are built on the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding.
Upon achieving this designation, WRMC became one of the 595 Baby-Friendly hospitals and birth centers in the United States and one of only 12 in the state of Wisconsin.