Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Put Your Best Fork Forward
March 1, 2017
Watertown Regional Medical Center joins with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to recognize March as National Nutrition Month®. The theme for 2017 is Put Your Best Fork Forward, reminding us that each bite counts. Making just small shifts in our food choices can add up over time. This year's theme inspires us to start with small changes in our eating habits – one forkful at a time. So whether you are planning meals to prepare at home or making selections when eating out, Put Your Best Fork Forward to help find your healthy eating style.
Here are some tips for putting your best fork forward:
- Create an eating style that includes a variety of your favorite, healthful foods.
- Practice cooking more at home and experiment with healthier ingredients.
- How much we eat is as important as what we eat. Eat and drink the right amount for you, as MyPlate encourages us to do.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Manage your weight or lower your health risks by consulting a registered dietitian nutritionist. RDNs can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
To make an appointment for a consultation with one of our registered dietitians, please call the Wellness Navigator at 920.262.4639.
About National Nutrition Month
National Nutrition Month® is a nutrition education and information campaign created annually in March by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.