Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Obstetrics Department: 920-262-4267
Center for Women's Health: 920-262-4825
New Patients (Please use contact us form):
Existing Patients (Please use My eHealth Portal):
About Obstetric Care & Birthing
From your first missed period to the sheer miracle of holding your child in your arms, we’re here to make sure you have the exceptional, personalized care you need every step of the way.
Our board-certified physicians are prenatal and obstetric specialists, trained and experienced in all aspects of pregnancy— from routine to high-risk. Our nurses specialize in obstetrics and are trained in the latest neonatal skills. Many of our nurses are nationally certified in Inpatient Obstetric Nursing and Electronic Fetal Monitoring. That means you can feel confident that you and your baby are always in the best possible hands.
Our team is ready to help you prepare for the big day and answer any questions you may have. It’s comforting to know you have the full attention of doctors and nurses with experience in hundreds of deliveries, from routine to complex, right here close to home. To help each new mom in this journey, we provide a team dedicated to helping with pregnancy, delivery and postpartum care.
A guide for your journeyDuring your pregnancy, you’ll have questions, concerns and unique needs. That’s why we provide a personal navigator to help make your experience as carefree as possible. Our OB navigators are specially trained registered nurses and board-certified lactation consultants who can provide the answers and resources you need, and help coordinate your care from your first appointment through delivery. Your OB navigator will even visit you and your baby after you’ve gone home.
Once in a lifetime
Looking into your new baby’s eyes is a moment you’ll remember forever. The bond that develops during those first few hours is precious and something new parents need to experience privately. We call this special occasion “Once in a Life” time. Look forward to the alone time we give you with your new baby as an opportunity to bond fully and forever with your son or daughter.
During your stay
- Intentional Rounding -Your safety, comfort and healing are our top priority. At Watertown Regional Medical Center, we practice intentional rounding. That means we will visit you at least every hour and provide the care that is needed at that moment (we won't wake you if your sleeping). If you have a primary support person in your room, we will also check in with him or her. During intentional rounding we will ask questions about pain, positions, personal needs, personal environment and provide education related to your stay. We encourage you to let us know if you need anything and please tell us if you have questions or concerns.
- Patient Rounding -Each morning our healthcare team will visit your room to discuss your condition and develop a plan for the day. We believe in patient and family-centered care and your family's involvement is a key ingredient in developing your plan. In addition, bedside report occurs at shift change which occurs at 7am and 7pm. Your nursing team will come to your room to provide an update and introduce you to your new nurse. We encourage patients to ASK if they don't understand something, we are happy to explain!
- Roooming In - During your stay at WRMC, your baby will stay with you, in your room, 24 hours a day, unless medically necessary. There are many benefits to "rooming in" for both you and your baby. Click here to read more
- Quiet Time - Noise increases stress and anxiety and is an obstacle for rest and healing. Watertown Regional Medical Center has developed specific quiet times to promote healing and rest for both baby and mom. Click here to read more about what quiet time is and the hours.
What we Offer:
- Experienced team of board-certified physicians and a nurse practitioner
- Breastfeeding resources before, during and after delivery
- Ultrasound at our facility
- Yoga classes
- Childbirth classes on labor & delivery
- Early morning and evening appointments available
- Fertility assistance
- Specialized care for high-risk pregnancy
- Facility tours (Call 920-262-4267)
Award Winning Care
Watertown Regional Medical Center was named to Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals. The distinction recognizes facilities that have excelled in providing care to mothers, newborns and their families, as verified by the 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Survey. Best Maternity Care Hospitals is part of Newsweek’s Best Health Care series, powered by data from The Leapfrog Group.
- Center for Women's Health - Located directly across from Watertown Regional Medical Center, the Center for Women's Health offers annual wellness care, gynecology, breast health care, bladder health, birth control and aesthetic services.
- Resources for before, during and after delivery - Having a baby can be an overwhelming time for any parent. Whether it's your first child or fifth, we want you to know there are resources available before, during and after delivery.
Take a Virtual Tour:
Doctors and Advanced Practice Providers
Obstetric Care & Birthing Center
125 Hospital Drive
Watertown, WI 53098
Center for Women's Health
128 Hospital Drive
Watertown, WI 53098