Watertown Regional Medical Center Wins Prestigious IT Leadership Award
April 12, 2017
LifePoint Health recently presented its annual IT Leadership Award to Watertown Regional Medical Center (WRMC). The award was presented to WRMC’s CEO, Richard Keddington, to honor the organization for demonstrating leadership and commitment to using information technology to advance LifePoint and WRMC’s strategic goals. The award is also designed to serve as an example for other LifePoint organizations. Other factors considered when determining the recipient of this award include:
- Assigns sponsorship of key technology-enabled clinical and business projects to appropriate leaders
- Leverages best practices from HSC and other markets and seeks out best practices from the same
- Demonstrates strong performance in the various Meaningful Use measured objectives and overall adoption of EMR technologies
- Finds innovative ways to use technology to accomplish regulatory, strategic and tactical objectives
- Invests in, and organizes, IT and Clinical Informatics staff to ensure effective organizational alignment
- Educates, communicates and champions the role of technology in hospital operations to medical staff, hospital staff, board and community
- Establishes user committees to create and optimize an information technology strategy
- Shares organizations information technology experiences to benefit other markets
- Achieves local, regional and national recognition for the adoption of technology (i.e., Most Wired, Best Hospital IT Department, Stage 6 or EMR "EMRAM" Adoption)
LifePoint believes healthcare leaders of the future will be those that understand the emerging healthcare market, are passionate about serving the needs of the customer, and are agents for change. These leaders will succeed by leveraging information technology, motivating and inspiring those around them, and by running lean, high-quality organizations. LifePoint’s success has been, and will continue to be, dependent on its hospitals which recognize information technology as foundational to providing the highest level of quality care for patients and for driving operational efficiencies.
LifePoint Health is pleased to announce Watertown Regional Medical Center as the recipient of the 2016 IT Leadership Award.